We are required to keep your personal health information safe and secure. You have the right to know how we may use and give it out and how you can get access to it.
Your personal health information must be kept private and secure
You or a person who can legally make decisions for you about your personal health information can use and see it.
Your personal health information is shared among your doctors, nurses, care givers, and all other team members who provide care and assistance to you.
We may collect, use and give out your personal health information to others, as reasonably necessary to:
- provide you with health care and assistance, both within and outside our care facility;
- communicate or consult about your health care professionals, with your doctor(s) and other health care providers;
- conduct health system planning and research; and
- report as required or permitted by law.
- there are certain other circumstances where we may be required to give out some of your personal health information, including for our own education, planning and management.
- We may also give out your personal health information to certain listed organizations for use in the planning and management of the healthcare system.
You or a person who can make decisions for you about your personal health information have the following rights:
- to see and get a copy of your personal health information;
- to ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete personal health information;
- to ask us not to give out your personal health information to other health care providers (we will not give out this information unless permitted or required by law to do so);
- to be told if your personal health information is stolen, lost or improperly accessed.
personal health information permission
When you give us permission to use or give out your information, you may change your mind at any time. However, sometimes the law permits or requires us to share your information without your permission.